Monday, April 11, 2011

Waiting to Meet My New Grandson

Rachel and Shonna are over in UnKnown country right now.  They should be in the capitol city with Charlie by now.  He's officially my grandson now!  The 10 day waiting period is over.  They have some appointments at the embassy and with a dr., and on Thursday they will travel home.  Brennan is with me during the day while Ken is at work.  Rachel calls it "Grandma Daycare".  Thursday Brennan will spend the night here, so Ken can pick up Rachel, Shonna, and Charlie from the airport. Rachel will come and get him Fri. morning.  She might have us wait until Sat. to meet Charlie.  As much as I want to see him, I think that is a really good idea.  They need a little time together as a family before everyone comes to visit.  He also has an appointment with the pediatrician on Friday.  They are excited to meet Charlie too!  Brennan was just there for his check up, and they are looking forward to seeing Charlie.  The link to Rachel's blog is on the side of my blog---> It's called "Love is Sugar Free".  Her other blog, "This Little Light" is an adoption advocacy blog.  It has lots of good info--you should check it out!
In addition to having Charlie home, I am looking forward to a few days with my youngest.  She will go back to school on Sunday.  She won't be able to come home for Easter, which is a bummer.  It'll be our first Easter without all our girls.  It's not a huge deal, but still a bummer.
Alyssa got another job now (part time, to work around her being a cheerleading coach), so I don't see her very often either.  I told her I have gotten spoiled, having her and Rachel around all the time (and Brennan too!).
I had another Herceptin infusion last Wed.  It didn't make me quite as tired as last time.  But I've been extra tired from allergies too.  I've been having trouble sleeping because I cough at night, even with Nyquil.  I sleep in the recliner so I can be somewhat upright, and that helps, but then I don't sleep as well.  I'm going to be really tired this week, because I have to get up early to get my shower before Ken and Brennan get here.  I hope I sleep better tonight!  I had very little energy for poor B today! 
Thursday I have my MRI and mammo.  I'm a little nervous that they might find something.  Last year my mammo on my right side was clear, but I know that stuff doesn't always show up, so I'll probably always be a little nervous when having a mammo done.  I'm not really afraid, just a little nervous. God is with me , so I don't have to be afraid! I've heard other women say they get a different, better mammogram after they've had cancer, but I've never heard anyone say that to me.  I'll ask them about it when I go Thurs.
Hopefully next week I'll have a picture of Brennan and Charlie together to put on here.  I also want to take one of myself with my hair for you all.  It's growing in thick on top.  And it has some weird curls and waves to it.  I have to use a shaping cream to get it to go where I want it to.  I really should go in and get it cleaned up a bit.  I think I might keep it short for awhile--at least for the summer.  Maybe I won't hate the humidity so much if I don't have to worry about my hair going flat!
Take care everyone!


  1. Good luck with the mammogram! I pray it's all good!

  2. Have you received the results yet? Praying that they are good. Wishing you and your family many blessings this Easter season!