Friday, September 4, 2009

Enjoying Life

So its been a great week, just like I expected (for once things turned out as expected!!). I've had time to do some things that had been put off for awhile, had lunch with friends, visited the wonderful people at work (thanks for the hugs!!), did some things with Alyssa, and even made supper a few times this week! :) This weekend Rich and I are going to Duluth for 2 nights--can't wait! We are staying right down in Canal Park, where we can walk along the lake and have all the shops in walking distance. Hopefully we'll see a ship coming through-- we usually do.

I think I'm ready to start chemo again. Like I've said before, after radiation I should be ready for anything! I've been thinking about what food and drinks I'll need to have on hand. Orange juice tastes ok warm; wonder if the lemon pudding will be good warm? Oh yes, can't forget to take the applesauce out of the fridge too. I've checked to make sure I have enough of all my anti-nausea meds--don't want to run out of those! I'll have to put my gloves in the kitchen again too, because I'll need to use them to get stuff out of the fridge and freezer. So many little things to think of! But at least I know what to expect this time. Alyssa is still around most days, and my mom is here too, so I will have plenty of help. I'm going to buy a small tv for the bedroom, because I will be spending a lot of time there, and it might help distract me from the nausea. I have lots of good cds to listen to also--cds with rainstorms, waves, classical music, etc. Sometimes I just like to lay and look out the window--I watch the birds and squirrels run around the yard.

Ok, sorry, I tend to go on and on--but it helps me to gather my thoughts. :-)

Have a GREAT labor day weekend everyone--spend time with loved ones, and appreciate every day God gives you!!
Love,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good week! My week will be pretty good as the kids started school today! :)

    ReplyDelete