Monday, September 14, 2009

Loved Being At School!

I went up to the school this morning and helped out in one of the kindergarten classes. Its wonderful to walk in and have the teacher say "Oh, I'm so glad you're here!" . I did some copying and filing, and helped the kiddos get ready to go home. Then I sat in the lounge for about an hour visiting with everyone on their lunch breaks. I got some hugs from kids when I stopped into the lunchroom--really made my day! And yes, I washed my hands well when I got home!! I hope to get up there to help out every other week. We'll see how it goes!

I had a nice weekend, been trying to keep busy. I'll have enough time to lay around after chemo! I bought 2 pair of jeans at Gander Mountain--1 pair of Lee jeans was only $7.49!! They were on clearance for $14.99, and then clearance stuff was an extra 50% off. The best part was they are a smaller size! All my other pants are too big--I have to wear a belt with everything, and the butt is baggy. Did some shopping with mom and Alyssa too--trying to get things done! I did finally buy that paint-by-number I've been talking about, and I have some other easy projects I can work on. I'll have days that I don't feel too bad and will want something to do. But, I'll be tired every day, and have "chemo brain" and won't want anything to difficult to do!

This week delay in chemo that I had will probably make my Christmas better. If I stay on schedule (and that's a big "if"), my last chemo will be Christmas week, so I'll probably get that week off. Of course, we all know that can change--so its better not to plan too much--God will take care of it for me!

Here's a verse my cousin Jeanne sent me today: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those that love God, and are called according to His purpose for them." Romans 8:28 Thanks Jeanne! Thanks for your support, prayers, and e-mails!
Here's another one I saw on a blog today: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
I'm keeping all the verses that are helpful to me in a Word document, so I can go back and read them when I start feeling down.

Well, next blog I write will be after chemo. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Love you all!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with tne next round of Chemo.
    Hope the side effects can be kept at bay!

    ReplyDelete