Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pictures and Prayers

These are the pics of Rich cutting my hair on Monday, July 5th.  Note his concentration!  Most of that hair is gone now.  There is a thin coating of hair all over, but you can plainly see my pink scalp!  It freaked me out a bit last night when I took my scarf off and had a good look.  Its really not pretty...I wear a scarf during the day, and a sleep cap at night (so what's left of my hair doesn't get all over the bed!).  I tried on my wigs again the other night, thinking maybe I'd wear one out to dinner, but I just didn't feel comfortable in them.  I don't mind wearing the scarves.
The past few days have still been a little rough.  I haven't had any more dizzy spells, but there seems to always be something else going on. 
Wed. Alyssa came over and we went to lunch, and we were going to go to Target, but Rachel needed us to babysit Brennan last minute.  For some reason I didn't feel well after lunch, so was glad to go home.  Brennan had a little fever, so I wasn't really supposed to be around him, but what can a grandma do?  And it takes my special touch to get him to nap.  :)
That night I couldn't sleep more than 4 hours, so I was very tired and crabby on Thurs.  I cancelled my bra-fitting appt., and rescheduled it for Friday afternoon.  I was crabby because I wanted to be feeling better and have some energy!
Yesterday, I felt much better most of the day.  Made it to the bra-fitting. Ended up ordering some, so I'll have to go back again to try them on.  In the evening, we went out to eat with Alyssa, Jaren and Shonna.  When we got home my stomach started cramping up and I had diarrhea!  I think it was from the antibiotic I'm taking.  I had had enough of a certain pain in the "bum"  (those of you that have been with me for awhile might remember that radiation caused a lot of damage to my backside), so I took a Percocet.  Then 3 hours later took another one...I really needed a break from it!
I stayed out in the recliner to sleep, and read the Bible (on Rich's Droid phone!) for awhile.  Then spent some time in groggy prayer.  2 things I specifically prayed for--my "backside" would stop hurting, and the diarrhea would stop, so I could get some sleep.  I decided I didn't need to continue suffering, and I had a long talk with God.  He COMPLETELY answered my prayer.  I did not have trouble with either of those things after that, and slept well the rest of the night.  I haven't had ANY discomfort today, and no, I haven't taken any more pain pills.  We serve an awesome God--never forget that He WANTS to help.  Just talk to Him!
Today has been a good day!  I'm still pretty tired, but was able to get out and do some shopping, and like I said, NOTHING hurts. 
Well, I get one more day before my next round of chemo.  I pray that it is a good one, and that the next round is easier, instead of worse! And I often pray for special blessings for those that are praying for me--so expect to be blessed!
Love and blessings!


  1. Love your lovely white hair...mine was similar! But I've been on my second series of chemo since Feb so I'm getting quite used to being bald again. I'll be praying that this next chemo sits easier with your body! God bless you and you continue forward. Keep reading that Bible! My first year of chemo I spent much time in the recliner and read through from Gen to Rev in six months time. Didn't have energy to do much else.

  2. As I read your post, the Lord brought this scripture to mind: "I call on the Lord in my distress,and He answers me." ~Psalm 120:1