Sunday, July 18, 2010

Starting to feel a bit better.  At least I thought I was, but just took an anti-nausea pill.  I think I probably just need to eat something.  Yesterday was a rough, 'out-of-it' day, but last evening I started to feel a little more "awake".  Rich, Shonna, and I went for a short drive and a DQ, and it felt soooo good to get out of the house for awhile.  When we got back we ended up having to go to the basement due to severe weather.  Doesn't look like there was a lot of damage around here, but there are oak branches all over the yard.  Rich plans on getting out after church to pick them up.  Don't think I'm ready to help with that yet! 
I wish we could get some cooler weather so I could open the windows.  At least its not supposed to be quite as hot and humid the next few days. We are sure going to have a big electric bill next month!
This is about the time last round that I started to feel 'woozy' and run a low temp.  I'm trying to stay more hydrated, and will be especially careful about germs the next few days.  I think the Neulasta shot usually kicks in about Wed.  When I feel the bone pain I am reassured that my white blood cell counts are coming back up!
As usual, when I start to feel better, I have trouble sleeping.  Last night my brain did not want to shut off!  There is so much I want/need to do, esp. with Shonna leaving for college soon.  I was able to sleep for a few hours, then once I woke up I couldn't get back to sleep.  And I still have this cough that makes it hard to sleep sometimes.  I moved out to the recliner, and did get a few hours of sleep there.  I kind of look forward to that time in the middle of the night now. Anytime I can't sleep I use that time to talk to God, and if I'm awake enough, I read the Bible.  I don't always get the answers I want, but I feel so comforted just knowing He is there and listening to my prayers.  It reminds me of how I felt as a young "daddy's girl" curling up in my dad's lap and feeling safe.  That's how I feel curled up in the recliner--like I'm safe in my "Daddy's" lap.
Well, Rich just called.  Church is done and he was wondering if I wanted anything for lunch.  He is going to pick me up some Arby's. A roast beef sandwich should provide some good protein.  And as a treat I get an apple turnover!  Yum!  Dee brought supper again last night, and she also brought a lemon meringue pie!  I'll have to try that out later!
Have a great Sunday everyone, and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment