Sunday, October 10, 2010

Amazing Grace

God is so amazing.  At church today we had 2 "prophets" come in to speak to the congregation and to some of us individually.  Yes, God still uses prophets. The prophets of the New Testament are to encourage the body of Christ.  Rich and I were called up first. We had to sit up in front of the church while the 2 guys (Hugh and Stuart) told us what was on God's heart for us. Our church has never done anything like that before.  Our pastor called it a presbytery.  He prepared us in advance so we would know what to expect.  Rich and I will get a cd of our prophecy so we can take our time listening to it and thinking about what God said to us.
You have no idea how amazing it is to me that God would want to talk to me.  When I think of all the mistakes I have made over the years---well, I've always known that God loved me, but I still felt insignificant.  If God wants to have a relationship with someone like me, then He certainly wants to have a relationship with you too!
I know there are many people out there that think they have to "fix" themselves before they can come to God.  God saves us while we are still sinners.  His salvation is a gift--we can NOT earn it.  Many also think that by sitting in a pew on Sunday, or belonging to a certain religion, they are going to get into Heaven.  That is wrong also!  If we don't repent (acknowledge and turn away) of our sin, and have a relationship with God's son Jesus, then we can't go through those pearly gates.  God is perfect and just, and we cannot be in His presence if we still have sin.  Jesus died to take away that sin.  Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a sermon. I just want EVERYONE to be in Heaven celebrating with me someday! I would encourage you, no matter who you are, or what you've done/are doing, to just talk to God.  Simply start by opening the door to conversation.  Ask God to show you things; ask Him for help.  He is all about relationship.  He will reveal Himself to you.  You NEVER have to be alone.  Amazing.
I don't know what God has for my future.  I feel that He has healed me of the cancer, but I still had to go through all of it, for some reason.  I do know that having cancer has made me seek out God more, and desire a closer relationship with Him.  No matter what I was going through, I was so grateful to know that God was right there with me.
I pray for many of you that are being treated for cancer right now, that you can have the peace and joy that I have.  I also pray God's blessings on ALL that read this, and a special blessing on those that have been praying for me.  I am here today to tell you that God has heard those prayers!
Amen!
Tina
p.s. I just want to say that there is a lot of powerful things happening in the body of Christ right now.  The Holy Spirit is really moving.  Many feel that there is a revival happening in the United States.  I hope you will want to be a part of that.  It's an exciting time to be a Christian--never a dull moment with God!!

2 comments:

  1. Alleulia... God is really moving in your heart and your marriage. Here's to a revival in all of us!

    ReplyDelete