Monday, October 4, 2010

LAST CHEMO TOMORROW!!!!

This better be the last chemo I EVER HAVE TO HAVE!!!  (Hear that God???)  I have a lot of people praying for me, and I get prayer at church every week.  Cancer doesn't have any chance of coming back!  The Bible tells us to be persistent--or as one of my pastors puts it--PUSH-->Pray Until Something Happens!
Now, I just have to get through 6 weeks of radiation (every day, Mon. through Fri.), and then I am DONE.  After that it will take a little time to get my strength back up, and hopefully the neuropathy will start to fade.  Then I can go back to work.
Sometimes people who finish cancer treatment go through a time of depression, or confusion and anxiety.  They wonder "what now?"  They want to forget, yet not forget what they've been through and how far they've come.  They are used to lots of dr. appointments, and tests, and feel sort of lost when it all stops.  And of course, there is the fear that every ache and pain is the cancer returning.  It can be a difficult time.  Other people who haven't had cancer assume you are "all better" and expect you to get on with your life.  I would like to remind people to realize that you never really "get over" having cancer.  It changes you, and stays with you forever.  Be patient and sensitive with those that are finishing treatment.  Ask them how they are doing.  Acknowledge that they've been through a lot.
I think I will be ok.  My family is wonderful, especially my husband, who is very supportive.  I think he "gets it"!  He has gone through it all with me, and I think its changed him too.  I do want to make some changes in my life; I don't want to just go back to the way things were--I want a more meaningful life.  I want to find ways to serve God.  My kids are grown now, and its time to take a good look at things and make some changes.  But I will keep praising God, and being thankful for every day He gives me!  I have learned so much about God, and have felt His presence throughout this.  With Him I can do anything!
Please take a peek at the new picture on the side of my blog.  I put up a "button" of my soon-to-be grandson.  I think you can even click on it for more info about him.  He is called Joshua, but that's not his real name, and Rachel and Ken may change his name when they adopt him.  He has down syndrome, and needs heart surgery.  Isn't he cute?? I can't wait to have him join our family.  I am so proud of Rachel and Ken.  God has given them such big, loving hearts.
Think of me tomorrow!  I'm so excited!
Blessings!!
Tina

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the last chemo tomorrow! Cheering you onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot whooot! Your last chemo evahhh! Your soon to be grandson is a doll!

    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Congratulations of completing your treatment!
    Oh,and Joshua is so precious! I am sure you all can't wait to have him join your family.

    ReplyDelete