Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Chemo Today

My white blood cells (specifically neutrophils) are too low for chemo today. I will do a Neupogen shot at home today and tomorrow, then go back on Friday. If my labs look better on Friday I can have chemo. 2 weeks ago when I did my shots I didn't have all the pain I usually do, and I didn't do the full shot--I did 300mcg. This time the doc wants me to do the full shot both days (480mcg), so I am a little worried that it will cause me more spine pain. I've already taken 3 ibuprofen, and I'll take 2 Tylenol in 2 hours, and keep alternating them for a few days. I'll do my shot in a few minutes--I'm letting it warm a little since its stored in the fridge.
Its always a little disappointing to not have chemo when you expect to, but there is always a silver lining--I can have another smoothie. :) I have some frozen berries, so I think I'll just make one here at home. Again, I have to let it melt some before I drink it,(and wear gloves to touch the frozen stuff!) but at least I can tolerate it cold.
Love and blessings!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tina, I love smoothies. Can I come over? Lol. Keep that positive outlook. It will take you far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,
    You had chemo on Friday, the 6th right? Mom said yesterday was a pretty blah day for you. How are you today? Prayers are headed God's way for you!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete