Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!



The top picture is the certificate that the chemo nurses gave me for being done. The 2nd picture is the angels that have cared for me all these months. From left to right: Carol, Cheryl (my nurse for the first several rounds), me, Andrea (my main nurse for the last few months), and Sheryl. I've gotten to know all the nurses, as they all help each other out when one is at lunch or busy with another patient. They are all wonderful, as are the receptionists, and of course the doctors. Not a crabby one in the whole place. I highly recommend Regions Cancer Care Center!
I will have to go in every 4-6 weeks to get my port flushed. Andrea told me to make sure I bring in pictures of Baby Brennan! I'll keep the port at least until I have my ct scan (in 4 months), then I'll probably have it removed. What have others done? I'll have ct scans every 6months for awhile. Is it worth it to keep it in?
A few days before my scan, I'll see the doc and get blood tests done. He saw me in the infusion room today and said he didn't want to see me again for several weeks! I said "I don't want to see you either!", and we both laughed. I will miss all of them.
The end of Feb. I'll have my colonoscopy. The doc said depending on what things look like then, I would have one done every 1-3 years. I'm sort of glad to be having one done ( I know, I'm weird!), because I'm so curious to see what things look like after having 18" of my colon removed. My insides have been rearranged and I want to know what's going on in there! I'm hoping it won't hurt. I think sometimes it does after surgery because there might be scar tissue, or it might be narrower. The first one didn't hurt at all--but I'll never forget what that tumor looked like!
24 hours after I have the pump removed, Sat. afternoon, I'll do my last Neupogen shot. It will help keep my wbc from getting too low, and help me to stay healthy.
I've been warned several times that my neuropathy might take 6months or longer to go away. I'm hoping the cold sensitivity goes away enough in 4 weeks so I can stand outside for an hour doing recess at work. I'm supposed to go back to work on Tues. Feb. 16th--4 weeks from yesterday. I'm nervous about going back! I hope I'm not too tired after work, and I hope my chemo brain isn't too bad--I've forgotten alot of the kids' names! Plus I'll have to learn all new ones in Kindergarten. Thankfully the teachers and staff I work with are very kind and understanding!
Well, I've got about a week of yuckiness to get through, then when I start to feel better, I'll keep feeling better...and better, and better!
Here's to the rest of my life!! I'm praying that I'll be around for a long, long time!!
Love and Blessings to All!
Tina

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! What great pictures. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I SO admire you for going through this with such grace! I'm glad God is your Comfort. Who better to be there for you?!

    Love you.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats ... all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete