Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Will Tomorrow be The Day??

I'm hoping tomorrow will be my last chemo. We have to wait and see if my platelets are ok; the doc and I think they might be too low. I did my 2 shots of Neupogen, so I'm sure my wbc will be ok. If chemo has to be delayed, that's ok too.
I have alot of back pain from the shots this time, so my wbc must have been low. I've said before that alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol really helps with the pain, but this time I can't take ibuprofen due to my low platelets. I woke up with alot of pain and ate some applesauce so I could take Tylenol, but it hasn't helped much. Soon I'm going to take one of my Percosets, but since it has Tylenol in it I have to wait at least 4 hours from when I took it this morning. I was hoping to go shopping with Shonna today, but had to cancel that :( . Oh well, such is life with cancer--you never know if you can follow through with your plans or not!
Boy, I had so much energy last Thurs. and Fri.--but it seems to have disappeared! I guess I just need to go with the flow and not feel guilty. :)
I've read that others are having trouble with their finger and toenails, from the chemo. While my chemo isn't as harsh as some have had, I've lost my little toenails and my fingernails have ridges and some are peeling from the bottom up. But they aren't too bad. My hands also look awful. Any age spots or freckles have gotten darker, and there are dark lines too. The spots on my face have gotten darker too. I'm hoping this all goes away once the chemo gets out of my system.
I have definitely been colder lately. I'm wondering if my hemoglobin has gotten lower. It seems stores and restaurants just aren't heating their buildings much! Yesterday at Target the bottom of my feet were tingling from being cold! That doesn't usually happen when I'm walking around a store! At night I really pile on the blankets too, and have a hard time warming up when I first get into bed. I think we'll have to start using the little heater that Shonna has in her room (she's REALLY a freeze-baby!). I'll just use it to heat up our room before bedtime.
Well, hope everyone else around the country is staying warm! Hopefully this little heat wave we are having will last awhile! Its supposed to be 34 here tomorrow! (for those of you in warmer climes--34 is really good!)
Love and blessings!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Tina, this blog is fascinating. I'm sending up prayers for your strength so your last treatment goes easy and is BEHIND you. Take care of those fingers and toes! ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete