Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2nd Mammogram

I went in this afternoon for more pictures of my left breast. The radiologist saw some calcifications, and needed a different view and higher magnification to see them better. He doesn't know if they are pre-cancerous or not. I will have to have pieces of them removed and looked at. He said there is no hurry, they are contained in the duct and won't spread anywhere. He said something about DCIS, which is a type of cancer that is non-invasive. So if it were cancer, that's what it would be. Even though its non-invasive (doesn't spread), once you've had it you have a higher risk of getting DCIS again, or an invasive type of cancer.

I'm having the report sent to my oncologist, as well as my primary doc. I go in Friday to the cancer center to get my port flushed, and I'm thinking about calling tomorrow to see if my onc. will have time to see me on Friday. I'll feel better after talking to him. Not that I'm really worried right now, but I just trust his judgement and I want him to tell me what I should do.

So, not what I needed right now, but not too bad either. I'm not worried, just annoyed! I read in 2 Chronicles how the Lord was unhappy with Asa (King of Judah) for relying on other Kings to help fight Judah's battles and relying on physicians to heal him. God wanted Asa to rely on HIM, as Asa had been for many years prior to this. It was a good message for me. Doesn't mean I shouldn't see doctors and let them do their thing, but I need to rely on God, and trust that HE is in control. Whatever happens to me is His will, and He is ALWAYS good!
Thanks for checking in!
Love and Blessings!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. I went through something similar back in July when I went in for my mammogram. Tech saw "things" and the radiologist looked them over and they asked me to come in for a repeat. Second time they used magnification and said they were calcifications. When the radiologist looked at the magnified calcifications he said they weren't anything to be concerned over. We get PET scans every six months. If something is cancerous it should show up on the scan. Hopefully, PETs are accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are fortunate to live in an age when good medical care is available. Our great-grandmothers did not have that. How blessed we are. Keepin' you in prayer, Friend.

    ReplyDelete