Friday, February 26, 2010

Well, this has been my last week off before I go back to work. It's been a busy couple of weeks! Looking at my calendar there is something written on almost everyday. Today was the first day in awhile that I didn't have anything planned. So I did laundry! And went out to lunch with Alyssa and Shonna--won't be able to do that for awhile!
Last Sunday my friend Pam wanted to get the elders of the church to pray for me. So after the service she tracked a few down and the senior pastor, Tom, anointed my head with oil and they prayed for me. It felt so awesome! I really have nothing to fear--God is watching over me, and He loves me and cares for me. I need to put on the full armor of God and stand strong against Satan!
Today I talked to my Primary doctor and she will set up the biopsy for the calcifications in my left breast. I told her I either want to do it during Spring Break (the end of March), or wait until school is out in June. She thought it best if I get it done during Spring Break. She didn't think it was a good idea to wait so long. So, I guess that's what I'll do! I just don't want to miss anymore work than I have to.
Next week I only work 3 days. We have Friday off so I scheduled my colonoscopy for then, but I need to take the day before (Thurs.) off to prep. Weird prep this time. Instead of just drinking the large jug of "go-litely" stuff, I have to mix Miralax with Gatorade, take 2 dulcolax pills, and drink some other stuff 4 hours before the test (which means I have to get up at 5am, because my test is at 9:15!). Sounds alot more complicated!
Really tired tonight. Not sure why--I don't think I slept too well last night. My mind was busy thinking about going back to work.
Brennan is cute as ever and getting big! I think he's over 16 pounds now. He's 5 months old today. He's getting strong. I've had the chance to babysit him a few times the last 2 weeks. That's the worst part about going back to work--now I won't be able to watch him for Rachel if she needs me during the day. Shonna's happy tho--she figures she'll get him more often now!
Alyssa and Jaren are doing well. He's back working as the CSO at our local police station. Alyssa had a bridal shower at Jaren's Godmother's house on Sat. It was very nice, and she got lots of great gifts.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Love,
Tina

2 comments:

  1. I asked our elders to pray over me before I did my debulking surgery (ovarian) a year ago January. I was so blessed by their prayers and their caring concern for me. I knew that whatever lay ahead of me that God would be with me. It was good and great comfort.

    Bless you as you go forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way is my baby over 16 lbs! He's not even 14lbs (but getting close)!

    ReplyDelete