Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fun Facts

Hello again!
When I saw my oncologist the other day, he gave me a printout of my pathology report, and my surgeon's report.
The surgery report was weird to read. I found out all these things they did to me while I was out. Kinda creepy. Like how they "copiously irrigated" my abdomen. And things they did to my ureter (which connects to the kidney) to make sure there was no damage to it. Not to mention how they check for leaks after sewing my colon back together. Like I said, weird!
The patholgy report told me that my tumor was about the size of a golf ball, maybe a little bigger. (4.5cm). And it sounds like about 18 inches of my colon was taken, instead of the 12" I thought.
Dr. J also had me get some blood tests while I was there. I found out my hemoglobin is down to 10.9, and my red blood cell count is a little low too. Also, sodium and potassium are within normal range, but at the low end of normal. I think my blood being low is contributing to my tiredness, because I feel tired ALL day long. Yet I don't sleep as well as I think I should.
I forced myself away from the computer awhile ago and got my bathroom and kitchen floors clean. It felt good to get something accomplished, and move a little. I took Sadie out and discovered its too cold for a walk; maybe this afternoon. At least I got some exercise mopping!
I saw the urologist yesterday, and my bladder is doing much better. Not quite back to normal, but hopefully it will be soon. He said if radiation casuses a lot of irritation to my bladder I should call the clinic because there is something they can give me to soothe it. He said they have a few tricks up their sleeve to help get thru radiation.
Well, its time for lunch. I'm going to try to eat more fruits and veggies and other good stuff to boost my immune system and get my blood levels up. I already took my vitamin. I need to do what I can now so I can make it thru chemo!
Have a great day everyone! Thanks for keeping in touch--I love my e-mails!
Tina

3 comments:

  1. Well....Well..Missy....Guess who? Yes your long lost cousin who is not very good at writting! Sorry! i think of you daily, I used to be a good writter, and journeled alot, ask your mom....I always wanted to be a writer..but I had a hard time with the fill in words, so my "books" are short. I would Journel alot tho...but ya know what my last entry was.....Keith died today....I just can't seem to think of anything to write. I am sorry about not writting sooner but This year I went on 4x10's to try it out, plus it gives me a day off to do what I want....right..NOT.4x10's only means I work alot! I leave at 6:30 in the morning...but thats cuz I am one of these people who is always early....never want to be late but remember...I am Bi-polar & A D D so when I had to pick up Kyle one time at the airport she was to land at 10:30 pm...guess when I was there.....8;oo!again I didn't want to be late....As you can probably see it is 5 something in the morning this is when I can do email...oh see...here is my A D D kicking in I told you when I leave but not when I get home....I get home about 8...eat (so I can get chubber)and go to bed so I can get up at 5 to have some me time. Then the Thursdays I thought would be mine....I have done these 4x10 since Jan, and I have NOT had one Thursday yet that I had a whole day off! I have had appointment, groceries & or other household running...anyway no me time.

    Well kiddo...I am thinking & praying for you and I know you have a great family and great support....Tell that sister of yours HI, I think of her often too...and Your Mom...Ya know we all live so far from each other we never see each other..(that was sarcasim)ya'd think we lived in opposite ends if the United States! Well Dee could tell ya I blabber on & on.....My writting is one of thoese things where you can read it, and if someone asked "what did she have to say..." you would think for a minute and then reply....Nothing.Have a good weekend, and many good days ahead.....I promise I will write again....some fine morning at 5 am...Say Hi to all
    Luv ya
    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karri? Who's Karri?! I remember I had a cousin once named Karri!

    Kidding of course. Nice to see you're well, even if I had to read it on Tina's site. :-)

    ReplyDelete