Friday, June 25, 2010

Thoughts and Stuff

Yeah, I really need to work on my blog titles!  I'll try to do better :).  Its just something I don't want to waste a lot of time on, I guess.
So, lots of messages from God today!  Do you know what I thought about a few minutes ago???  Are you ready for this???  The thought passed through my head, with a chuckle, that I need to stay sick long enough to learn all God has to teach me.  As soon as I had the thought, I back-tracked and went, "wait a minute God, don't me too seriously on that!!"  Whew!  Thankfully my God is an all-knowing God and He knows what I mean!  I wish I could be HEALTHY and learn all these same lessons, but I have to say, that when the business of life takes over, God sometimes get pushed out of the way.  Sad, but true.  I'm really praying that He helps me find a way to balance this.  When I was back working, I was so disappointed that I only had energy for work.  I was beat by the time I got home.  I love my job, but I love my life outside of work more.  Pray for me on this, ok?  I REALLY want to know what God's will is for my life.
Today my e-mail devotional was about spiritual gifts.  I had to laugh because the woman writing it, LeeAnn Rice, was disappointed when she took a spiritual gifts test.  She didn't feel that any of her gifts were the "important" ones.  I felt the same way!  Rich and I recently took a class at church on spiritual gifts and took an online test.  My top ones were faith, exhortation, encouragement, mercy, and music.  What the heck can a person do with that?  I wanted something concrete-->DO THIS TO SERVE GOD.  I was happy to find out (from my pastor) that although I don't have any musical ability, I minister to God through my personal worship.  I often have a song of praise going through my head, and when I'm not sure where to start when praying, I just start singing to God.  I wish I could tell you that I went on to discover what I can do with my other gifts, but I'm still working on that--but I do know that God can use me, whatever gifts I might have, and ALL gifts are important!  "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10 (NIV) Note the word "whatever"!
I also learned today from Pastor Tom's blog (see link on sidebar), that "ordinary Christianity" is an oxymoron.  I agree!  All Christians are "EXTRA ordinary"  We are called to live "EXTRAordinary" lives.  I better get on that!  I hope I can keep that word at the forefront of my mind, and remember it in everything I do.
Ok, a health report:  I have been feeling REALLY good!  I have had plenty of energy the last few days, and even have been getting up early (6:30 today!).  Today I will think about what I want/need to get done before chemo on Monday. Oh--just thought of something.  I think today is payday--so I should pay bills.  Next week I won't care!
Yesterday I got out a bit and went shopping.  I need more shirts that have patterns on them.  Solid color shirts show any "uneveness" I might have, if ya know what I mean!  Patterns make it harder to tell.  It felt good to be out shopping.  Last time I went was a few days before my mastectomy and I ended up in tears because I thought I'd never be able to wear cute stuff again.  Yesterday I was happy with how everything looked!  And then I got a yummy Wild Berry Smoothie from Caribou!
Today I'm going to have lunch with a good friend.  I wanted to take her out as a little thank you for all her help with Shonna's party.
Looking at my calendar I see that its been 3 years today since Rich's craniotomy.  I'm happy to report that any neurological issues he had before, seem to have resolved themselves.  I hope he never has to go through anything like that again!  That is a scary surgery!
Well, better get going on that to-do list!
Have a great weekend!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are experiencing spiritual growth. Keep leaning on Him!

    ReplyDelete