Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Been Busy!

Isn't Brennan adorable?? He's hangin' on to Grandpa!

It seems I've had something going on almost everyday this past week, starting with Shonna's birthday dinner last Tuesday. Being busy is good, but sometimes I just like to hang out at home and get stuff done, esp. on my good days. I did finally get to touch my grandson on Sunday! He is doing really well, and sooo cute! Hopefully he can come home in a couple of weeks. I've been doing some Christmas shopping for him already. The hard part of shopping early is waiting until Christmas to give the gifts!

Today I had my "girl time". I went to the school to help out for a while, then I sat in the lounge to chat with everyone. I really enjoy it. I go in every 2 weeks. I told the teacher I help that I can do projects at home too, so she might, occasionally, send stuff home with my neighbor who also works at the school.

On Saturday Rich and I went to a benefit for Rich's brother's roommate, who has mesothelioma. We bid on a night at Grand Casino and got it! It wasn't necessarily a good deal, but that's not what its about. And it was cheaper than we'd spend anywhere else. We plan on going in 2 weeks. We don't gamble much--probably because I would spend way too much if given the chance! So we'll definitely set a limit. I've heard they have a great buffet there. We really enjoy our little get-a-ways. It feels like we are getting away from the cancer too. I can't wait!

The good days are already getting fewer. This last round it took until the following Thurs. (8 days after chemo) before most of the nausea was gone. And the cold sensitivity is really not going completely away. I have been able to eat/drink cold stuff the last few days, but not frozen stuff. I got a Wildberry Smoothie from Caribou today, but had to take little sips until it was mostly melted. But it sure was yummy!

Well, tomorrow is round 3 of 8. I'm so not looking forward to it. I feel so crummy by the time I leave. I have to wear gloves and a scarf. Breathing cold air makes my throat freeze up, and I get leg, lip, and hand cramps. I usually have a bad headache and can't sleep the first night. Everything eases up slightly the following 2 days, then the nausea and fatigue kick in. Oh well, I'm almost halfway done! There's always a bright side, right? The best part is the weight loss! I've lost about 22 lbs since this all started. :-)

Well, see ya all on the other side!



ps My sister is going to start putting together something for meals again. (pray for her--she hurt her back and is in a lot of pain right now!!) So, be on the lookout for an e-mail or phone call from her. We don't need a lot, just a few meals now and then is REALLY nice. Thanks to everyone who has helped us in the past!! Please know that we really appreciate it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brennan gets cuter and cuter every day! Ray and I hope we can go and see Rachel, Ken and Brennan soon. Congrats on winning the room at Grand Casino. Have a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun and you and Rich deserve it! Continuing to think of and pray for you and your family.