Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Hope I Never Have To Go Back...

to the radiation doctor! I had an appt. with Dr. Bisignani (Dr. B) this afternoon. I talked to him for about 5 minutes. He was very happy that I am doing so well, and don't have any lasting side effects from radiation. As nice a guy as he is, I told him I hope I never have to come back! I think I'll send a card to them, they were all wonderful to me and felt bad that I had such a difficult time with radiation. But I was SO EXCITED to walk out the door!! Yay! I decided we should go out to dinner to celebrate. :)

Today I bought some orange juice and lemon pudding for my next chemo round--which is tomorrow. Oj is ok warmed up, and the pudding can sit on the counter and be eaten at room temp. I also have choc. pudding and applesauce already out. Rich is going with me again. He always goes, unless there is something real important at work that he can't miss. I hope my blood counts are ok, but if they are not I can get the neupagen shot and maybe go back Friday for chemo. Because I respond so quickly to the shot, we shouldn't have to delay chemo a full week.

Yesterday I went up to the school to help out a little. I enjoy working in the copy room, and then I go to the staff lounge and spend nearly 2 hours visiting with everyone as they come in to eat their lunch. Of course I brought pics of my grandson to show off! It was so nice to see everyone! Altho I do get a little nervous about germs. There have been a few cases of the flu there, but not too much.

I'll try to update in the next day or 2--depending on how I feel. The worst days usually start 3-4 days after chemo.

Rachel and Brennan update: they are both doing very well! They are increasing Brennan's feeds to get him to where he is supposed to be. He needs to start gaining weight.

Take care everyone!!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Is Rachel able to express milk for Brennan? That would help him a lot!

    Congrats on no more radiation! YIPEE! You are almost done with everything and I am SO happy!

    Did I tell you my oncologist switched me from Oxaliplatin to Camptosar(sp?)? I am so forgetful. I might have mentioned it and forgot. Sheesh!

    No chemo yesterday. My white blood counts were low but they didn't give me a shot for that. Just said they wanted to delay a week and then start the new drug.

    Found out today no chemo after next week because they are scheduling my PET scan. I am so scared about what that will show. My CEA levels haven't gone up at all but I'm still scared.

    ReplyDelete