Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy Busy

I have thought often, this last week, about updating my blog. But either I have been busy, or just too tired. I'm pretty tired right now too. I can hardly do anything after work these days. Not sure why I got so tired again, I had been doing better. I know my thyroid has been messed up again, and that takes a while to get back to where its supposed to be.
Alyssa and Jaren's wedding is coming up on Sunday. I'm so glad she has everything under control, because I haven't been much help! Tomorrow night we have a rehearsal, Friday night we have some other plans, Saturday we have the groom's dinner at the Zech's, and Sunday we have to up bright and early to start getting ready for the wedding/reception. Then Monday is when I lose my left breast to the surgeon. :(
After that I'll be able to finally get some rest, while I am healing. But as soon as I feel well enough I have to try on and buy a wig, buy scarves and hats, and get my hair cut short. Then it will be time to start chemo.
I really hope this chemo doesn't make me throw up. Its supposed to be a little easier to handle than my last stuff, so I hope that's the case for me. I've been reading the discussion boards and alot of people do have some nausea, and most have a few days of fatigue--where they lay around for 2 or 3 days. That's not so bad. It's also supposed to cause constipation--which, if it doesn't get too bad, is actually kinda nice! When I took pain meds after my lumpectomy it was nice to only have to go once or twice a day! I just make sure I take Senekot or something so it doesn't get too bad.
Last Saturday I had to shop for a dress for the wedding. I was not happy that I couldn't find just the right dress, and looking at cute clothes was depressing me. I felt like crying over every little thing, and couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that I was mourning what I was about to lose. Looking at clothes and knowing it'll be a long time before I look good in them again. And I was upset about losing my hair too. It just all caught up to me and I wanted to hide and cry. But, of course we had a busy day! A friend was talking to me at a grad party at church and she wanted to know how I was REALLY doing (a true friend!), and I started crying. We went into the prayer room (with Rich too), and talked a bit, and then she prayed for me. I felt much better after that, and have been feeling better since. I'm still not happy about the whole thing, more like resigned to the fact that its going to happen. I feel like my whole life is about to change. I don't want it to! I'm so thankful I have such a loving and supportive family. They will love me and be by my side no matter what I look like! I'm also blessed to be a part of a wonderful church family. They really let Jesus shine through them!
Only 2 more days of work! I don't know when I'll be able to go back. I'll let the school know in August whether or not I'll be coming back at the start of the school year.
Well, Rich and I are going to go for a little walk--gotta be back for American Idol! I'll put up some pics of the wedding when I get a chance.
Love to all!
Tina

1Peter 1:6-7, "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." (NIV)

3 comments:

  1. It's a fun and busy, but trying time in your life. I will pray for you this week.
    So glad you have a wonderful, supporting family and church. It really helps, huh? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, so sorry you are continuing to deal with cancer. I'll be keeping you in my prayers, too, that the chemo will be reasonably kind in terms of side-effects. I'm doing chemo a second time (first was a year ago) and this year's version is a bit easier. Had hair loss again. I'm getting used to it.
    I love the verses you quoted from I Peter. There are many others, too, that are comforting. Jesus is our Hope in all circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tina....
    I just found your blog and to give you a little advice about your hair... It is only hair, it will grow back. When I was having chemo my hair was to the center of my back. It was long and I loved it. I was walking during a windy day when suddenly a chunk of my hair blew off. I stood there and laughed myself silly. When it was really falling out and I had strands hanging I looked at myself and there I was a younger version of Benjamin Button!! I like to find humour in some of the things I'm going through. I too lost my left breast. Next month I am having the right one removed. You would think after all that Chemo those blasted cells would have moved on.I think I'm the poster child for "Murphy's Law" lol
    I'm looking forward in being flat chested and saving all that money on buying lacey bras. Lol

    Be blessed hope to hear you are doing just fine. Have a peek at my blog if you like.
    Take care.
    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete