Monday, May 10, 2010

Lots of Hugs!

I went back to work today for the first time in 2 weeks. Most people had heard some or all of my bad news, and I got lots of nice hugs! I feel bad about messing up everyone's schedules and having lots of different subs working with my kids, but everyone has been so good about it! They do what they can to help me out. I am blessed!
My armpit area was hurting more than usual today, so I took some Tylenol. I think it was just all the moving around I do at work. It was my first day with an underwire bra too, so I wasn't sure how that would go! But overall, I was fine. I'll be sure to take some ibuprofen tomorrow before work.
Yesterday we had our annual Mother's Day picnic at a park nearby. It was only about 58 degrees, but with no wind and that warm May sun, it turned out pretty nice. We usually freeze, and every year we discuss whether or not we want to continue to do the picnic, but we always do!
My sister-in-law Mary always does the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on Mother's Day morning at the Mall of America. This year my daughter Alyssa and 2 of her girlfriends did the race too. I think they did the 5k walk. They made headbands with my name on them. I felt very honored by them. I'll try to post a pic of the headbands here.
I'll update more later this week when I see my surgeon and oncologist. This is the "Big Decision" week! Stay tuned....
Love ya all!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment