Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trying to be a Mudder

I think I am doing well, all things considered.  I am still taking pain meds, and they are keeping the pain under control.  There is more pain this time than there was after my lumpectomy.  Its a larger area of my chest that was affected.  Most people don't realize that the breast tissue goes up near the collarbone. I have a big dip in my chest near there where tissue was removed.  The surgeon left some tissue behind, to help with reconstruction, so the area looks a little worse--not the nice neat scar some would expect.  If I choose not to have reconstruction, I will have the extra stuff removed.
Emotionally I am doing well too, at least so far.  There is a lot to deal with right now, but I'm not overwhelmed or upset.  I'm really taking it easy and giving myself time to get used to all of this.  I have a lot to do the next few weeks, but for a few days I'm just relaxing.  Today I plan on keeping my mind on some Bible verses, and just keep God in my thoughts as I go about my day. 
You may have noticed I've been playing with my blog a little.  I've added labels and some tabs at the top.  Hopefully this will make it easier to navigate the blog.
The former Senior Pastor at our church, Tom Stuart, has a wonderful blog.  There is a link to it on my side bar.  The other day he blogged about "Mudders".  A Mudder is someone who overcomes what life throws at them--like a horse that performs well in muddy, adverse conditions.  Here is a line from Tom's blog about spiritual mudders:" ...if you’re a child of God, born of the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ, you’ve got “mudder” in your spiritual genes. That makes you more than a conqueror through Him who loves you; and an overcomer in anything life throws at you."  Tom mentioned me in his blog as a spiritual mudder--I was honored to be mentioned there!  I have never felt like an "overcomer". It's not something that comes naturally to me, but it speaks to the power of God, and the miraculous things He can do in a person's life.  Any challenge you are facing, no matter how overwhelming, God can turn you into a "Mudder".  You too can overcome and even CONQUER any troubles you have on this earth.  God is truly amazing and His love for us is deeper and wider than anything we can imagine.  Just talk to Him; He'll reveal Himself to you, and you'll be amazed too!
I'd love to hear from some of you that are reading my blog!  You can comment on my blog, or e-mail me if you want your comments to be private.  If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you or someone else get through a cancer diagnosis and treatment, please let me know.  And, of course, I always welcome insight and advice from others who have been through what I'm going through now!
Thanks for checking in today!
Love and blessings!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. I love the new background on your blog!

    I am really bummed to read about what's going on after your surgery right now. I wish I was there to help in some way. Just know that I'm thinking of you and pray that this was the last that cancer will show up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to all you said! God is good and with Him on our side we can overcome the challenges we encounter. Praying for you, Mudder!

    ReplyDelete