Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hey all
I just got home from the hospital. Sat with Tina most of the day. Her day started with a lot of pain. For some reason the nurses said they were behind in the pain management – something to do with the epidural not working right for several hours. By the way, the epidural was removed today about 1:30. Today Tina said she wanted to try sitting up so about 3:00 this afternoon, she sat up on the edge of the bed for about 5 minutes which was a big milestone considering how the morning went!
About 4:30 she was wheeled down in her bed for a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia since her temperature has been up a little. When I left we did not yet have the results.
I feel horrible leaving her there alone – but I only have a few hours to try to get some things done, try to sleep, get to church, and then get back to the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...I've been worried all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess today is a better day because you are bound and determined to shower! Hopefully you'll be in the mood for some pretty PJs soon too. :-)

    ReplyDelete