Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shopping!

So today I went shopping. Rich had to go in to work, so I headed to Kohl's! I decided I wanted some cute pajamas for the hospital :-) (on sale and 20% coupon!). I'm bummed over the fact that I can't wear mascara or even deoderant (the most nerve-wracking day of my life and no deoderant???), or anything in my hair to the hospital. I had planned on putting some mousse in my hair after I washed it so it would hold its shape a little bit until I could shower. My husband (and probably most of you) thinks I'm being ridiculous, of course. But, hey, a girl's gotta think of these things--I bet many of you females out there would think about the same things--right?? But I was happy to get pajamas (3 different outfits). It made me feel good to be out doing normal things. I still have to get a haircut tho, but the place was too busy.
I ran into my cousin Brenda at Kohl's. It seemed so odd and out of place--she lives in Osceola. Maybe there was a reason we randomly ran into each other? It was nice to see her. I also got a call from aunt Helen this morning. That was very thoughtful of her--she let me know her and Jack will be thinking of me and praying for me.
Some people have asked me how I feel physically. I feel fine! The symptoms I am having aren't even bothersome. No cramping or stomach pain--nothing. This sort of makes it more difficult to go in for surgery. I know when the drugs wear off I'm gonna be in a lot of pain, and its hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I have a tumor in me!
I was happy to see from my pre-op tests that my hemoglobin is back up to 12.6. It was only 10.5 in Oct. due to some "female" trouble I was having. (Ladies if you want to know about the wonders of ablation, just ask!) I have definitely been feeling less tired after work. All the other tests came back fine too--white blood cell, kidney and liver function, etc. I'm hoping this all means the cancer hasn't spread.
So, hope this finds all of YOU doing well.
Love and blessing!!
Tina

3 comments:

  1. My aunt Elaine (also my godmother!) called me today too, to let me know her and uncle Darrel are thinking about me. Darrel recently spent some time in the hospital and apparently thought I was pretty funny thinking I was gonna get to wear cute pjs. Wishful thinking on my part I suppose--but like I said, it just felt good to be out shopping and doing something positive for myself. Glad I made you laugh Darrel! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG-I didn't realize that it was you in the email I received from Kathy. Thanks for doing the blog it makes it easier to keep in touch. All of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep the faith and a positive attitude and you will kick this in the butt(no pun intended)Just remember we all are here and if you need anything just give a hollar or tell Rich to hollar. Take care and Love you All!!
    Kevin, Tracey, Lucas & Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the whole PJ and makeup thing! After all, there are PEOPLE in a hospital. :-)

    ReplyDelete