Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Secret Elopement!

This was soooo hard to keep off my blog last week!! My daughter Alyssa and her fiance, Jaren, got married Wednesday in our backyard! When Jaren found out a few weeks ago that he was coming home on leave in June (he's with the Nat'l Guard in Basra, Iraq), he told Alyssa he wanted to get married. He said his biggest regret was that they didn't get married before he left. They will still have a ceremony and reception next year in May, as planned. It was a beautiful ceremony--very personal and romantic. There were many tears! Here are some pics:














The next 2 pics were taken on the bridge over the wetlands behind our house. Its our house you can see over their shoulders.




Well, tomorrow I start radiation. The first of 28 treatments. Plus I'll get labs done, meet with oncologist, and get my pump with the 5FU chemo drug attached to me. I'm a little nervous, but less so after going to church today. 3 of the pastors at church today told me they were continuing to pray for me, and the sermon reminded me that God is right by my side when I'm going thru difficult times. It was sort of a "duh" moment. Why hadn't I thought of that before? I know He has been answering my prayers, but I never thought of Him as being by my side. That will help me alot tomorrow!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13
Amen!
Love to all!!
Tina







2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is soooooo romantic! Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for you as you start your new treatment this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. Please tell Alyssa and Jaron we said "Congrats!"

    ReplyDelete