Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
I have a lot to do, but am filled with excitement! Like a little kid (or my 21 year old, Alyssa!), I can't wait to get to the presents! But before that happens, I have a lot of work to do!
Tonight, after 5pm church service (if we make it--the snow is supposed to be falling pretty hard then), we'll have a spaghetti dinner here--just the kids and my sister. Then we celebrate the birth of Jesus with a birthday cake. My Godparents, Darrel and Elaine, gave us a beautiful cake and dessert plate set a few years back when they were moving. Its very pretty glass with gold trim, and I think they had received it as a wedding present. We use it every year for Jesus' birthday cake! Thank you Darrel and Elaine!!
After the cake tonight we will open a few presents--Rich and I open our gifts to each other and the girls open their "sister" gifts. Rich was supposed to usher at the 11pm service, but we just got a call that it will be cancelled due to weather!
Tomorrow morning the kids will gather again, and we'll have cinnamon rolls and open the rest of our presents to each other. Later in the afternoon we will go to my brother Teri's house for Christmas with my family.
Saturday, we will have Christmas with Rich's family--and Sunday we will collapse and rest!! It will be a fun-filled few days!
Shonna and 2 of her wonderful friends are heading down to Kansas City for a youth conference at "IHOP" (Int'l House of Prayer) on Monday. The 3 are going BY THEMSELVES, and will be home on New Year's Day. Please keep them in your prayers!
Alyssa will be moving into her new apartment the first few days in Jan. I'm very excited for her! Shonna will stay with her until Jaren comes home (hopefully the beg. of Feb). Those 2 (Lys and Shonna) living together should be very interesting! :D
I'm supposed to have chemo on Wed. the 30th, so I probably won't be able to help Alyssa move in--but we might be able to get in Mon. or Tues. and we can do some cleaning and stuff then. Altho, you never know--my chemo could be delayed again due to platelets or white blood cells.
I need to get busy now and start making fudge and the cake, and also do some cleaning (esp. the never ending supply of hair on my bathroom floor from it thinning so much!!).
As excited as I am, I am ever mindful of those going through cancer treatment right now, and some are really struggling with sickness and pain. And I keep those in my thoughts that lost a loved one this past year. Christmas can be a tough time for many people. (Thinking of you, Godparents, and sending my love!)
Thank you to all who have supported me and my family through this difficult year. I pray often for God's blessings to be upon you!!
I wish everyone God's peace, and a healthy new year!
Love,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday together.
    The snow is beautiful to look at but treacherous to drive in. We had it last year... its your turn! Much love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete