Monday, December 14, 2009

One More Day...

I have one more day to finish up all my Christmas stuff. And if I can't have chemo on Wed., then I'll have some extra days to relax, or maybe do some more baking.
I don't have too many side effects right now. My feet and hands tingle a little from neuropathy, and I still tire more quickly than usual, oh, and my hair is still thinning! And I seem to have balance issues sometimes, so I'm very careful going up and down the stairs, and walking on the snow and ice. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good right now! I hope my platelets are back up so I can have chemo. I REALLY want to get it over with! I want to get on with my life...
I was going to finish up my shopping today, but since it snowed this morning, I decided to do some baking and wrapping today and wait until tomorrow to get out and finish up my shopping. I've got a few gift cards to get, and some groceries.
Rachel came over with Brennan (my shirt still smells like baby!), and spent the afternoon here. She is one of my little elves and did some gift wrapping for me!
A wonderful friend from work stopped by and gave me some afghans her mom crocheted for the cancer center, and also gave us a gift card for Subway! Its much appreciated and will be used when I have chemo and can't cook anything. We spend too much money on eating out when I don't feel good! One craving I have when I feel my worst is a McDonald's dbl hamburger and small fry--it tastes good when I can't taste much else! Other times, I try to stay away from there.
My weight, at its lowest, was down 27 lbs. But its back up a bit since I've had so much time off from chemo! I try to watch what I eat, and how much I eat, but its hard when everything all of a sudden tastes good! And of course there's the Christmas cookies! I've been eating a lot of clementines, and drinking COLD water too.
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and remembering the Reason for the season. Its not about what you can get, or how much you spend, but its about a baby being born so that we might have a Savior, and enter into Heaven some day.
Peace and Blessings,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment