Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anybody Get The License of That Truck?!?!

You know, the one that hit me yesterday??
So, after my glowing report and giddiness on Tuesday, I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday! I have no idea what happened, or why.
Tuesday night Rich and I needed to make a trip to Wal-mart. I suggested something cheap and quick to eat, so we had Wendy's. Ok, I KNOW all you health nuts are rolling your eyes, thinking someone fighting cancer SHOULD NOT be eating crappy fast food, but let me just say that at this point, I pretty much get to eat WHAT I want, WHEN I want. Especially because not much tastes good, and eating something is better than nothing. And the ketchup tasted REALLY good. :-) For the record, I did have carrot sticks and fruit at work that day! Ok-back to my story-I was very tired after going out, and went to bed early to read and relax. I was probably asleep not much after 10pm. I woke up about 1am to use the bathroom and still felt fine, but COULD NOT get back to sleep. I finally snuck a peek at the clock and it was 4:11! I was getting very hungry so I got up at 4:45 and had some cereal. The milk did bother my stomach a little, but I went to the recliner and started drifting off. Of course, then it was time for Rich to get up, and I always have to keep an ear open to make sure Shonna gets up, so I really didn't get much sleep then either. I tried to get up about 8:30, to make it to work, but I was so weak and shaky that I had to call in. It wasn't until about then that I started feeling nausea. I kept thinking it should go away, but I was so out of it I don't think I knew what to do. It got really bad, probably the worst I've had so far. I had to have Rachel come over to get my taxes to mail (don't trust putting them in the mailbox!), and she took Sadie out for me. That dog knows when I'm not feeling well; she just snoozed on the couch all morning and didn't even bother trying to get me to take her out--she waited until almost noon for Rachel! It'll be interesting to see what happens to my taxes--I shoved what I think was a full copy of the Fed. forms into the envelope with the state, but I probably missed something. Oh well, I mailed in a check too, so that should keep the state happy, right? Anyway, to make a long story less long--the nausea was better by last evening-I even made Rich take me for a slow little walk, just to feel the nice outside air, and get out of the chair. Maybe it was the Wendy's? But why couldn't I sleep? I didn't even nap that afternoon. So weird! I couldn't even talk to Alyssa when she called--thankfully Rachel was here then and could talk to her. That's pretty bad, and it probably worried her cuz I ALWAYS want to talk to my girls! Btw, she made it to Tacoma just fine, and they were going to head to the zoo at Puget Sound yesterday. Hope to hear from her again soon!
So, here I am this morning, drinking my coffee, and hoping for the best. I feel the tiniest bit queasy, and still sort of out of it, but since I slept most of the night I should be able to make it thru the day. I really, really wanted to get to Bridgewood to help Heidi out a little after work ( I used to help copy Sunday School stuff once a week) but I told her I had better just plan on coming home after work. If I should happen to have some energy left, I'll go up just to see her. She's good medicine! Always a big hug and hello!
Thanks for checking in; send me some e-mails to let me know how everyone else is doing out there! Thanks for the continued prayers and support for myself, my husband, and family. When you really think about it, this is quite the growing time for my family. Not only do they have to deal with the illness itself, but they are a little, shall we say, spoiled, ;))) as I've always felt that was my job as mom and wife! Hang in there loves! I shall spoil you all again!! I promise!!
Love to all~
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment