Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

Oh, it is sooo gorgeous outside!  Its 64! (Craig or Mary--is it nice up north too??)I'm always happy to be a Minnesotan in the Spring and Fall!
Today has been a good day!  I'm VERY tired, but that I can handle!  I didn't sleep very well, but about 3am I started thinking I could probably have cold cereal for breakfast, so that's what I had, and it was fine--except of course the taste isn't all there yet.  I also had a cold glass of oj!  I was so happy I was giddy!  I didn't take any anti-nausea meds either.  I was a little queasy still, but it wasn't any worse than I'd been feeling with the meds, so I decided to try and go without.  Of course I brought some to work with me, just in case, but I've been fine without them!  See?  What a good day!
Work was good too.  Being outside for an hour is really good for me.  I think I'm supposed to be wearing sunscreen tho--I'll have to work on that!  I hope my time outside is healthy, and not "overdoing" it.  It makes me feel like I'm helping my immune system, and its only an hour, then I can nap when I get home, if needed.  I have my pump bottle of hand cleaner in the lunchroom, and use it often.  Trying to be careful not to get sick from the kiddos!  
I'm drinking a nice glass of water with a little ice in it now, and the only weird sensation is when I swallow it the back of my throat feels like something is brushing against it, like there is something chunky in the water.  I thought I was drinking oj with pulp in this morning, then realized that Alyssa likes no pulp, so that's what we buy.
I finished  my Fed. taxes yesterday am, and the state today--talk about last minute, huh?  I usually have them done by early Feb.!  I think I still have to do a FAFSA for Alyssa's college too.
Speaking of her!  I can't wait to hear from her!  She's on the plane right now flying to Seattle! She may be 21, but you never stop worrying!  It was strange coming home to a completely empty house--mom is up north, and Alyssa gone.  Of course, Shonna will be coming thru the door soon, and it that will take care of the quiet! :-))) (But I love it!)
Last night I was so proud of myself--I finally washed up all the pots and pans in the sink, made supper, and even cleaned the pans after supper (usually I let them soak!).  I did it all in a fog, but I got it done!  
My wonderful sister offered to make us some meals occasionally during my chemo days, and as much as I hate asking people for help, I think I'll accept!  Its not like I don't have food in the house, so no one is going to starve, but I feel guilty when Rich eats cereal for supper! (Not that he really minds!)  and I'd be more likely to eat if something was in front of me--otherwise I'm too tired to care!  
Well, gonna finish going thru my mail--then its off to bed for a nap!  I'll have to think of something for supper (or not!).
Take care everyone!!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Spring and fall in MN was always my favorite time. MUCH better than winter. !!!
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I know it's hard to deal with, and you are allowed to feel sad, upset, mad, angry, etc., but remember that you are on the road to recovery. It's a good thing you are dealing with!
    One thing I neglected to tell you - take all of the help that you can get. It's more than a matter of people offering and you being a burden. It's about people doing the one thing that they know they can do to help you - cook for you and your family. They can't help you deal with the chemo - they can't help you with the illness - they can't help you with the exhaustion (though the help I did get with the laundry and cleaning the house was welcome)....thus, they only thing that they know will help is to cook. TAKE THE FOOD, and be grateful that you have wonderful friends and family that are willing and able to assist. It's the only time in your life that you will be able to take time for yourself, without guilt. You need to take this time for you...in order to spend the rest of your life taking care of others. That's what I thought, and it's worked. It will work for you, too.
    Thinking of you always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, take the food...
    and share with me! ;)
    I can't cook anything!

    ReplyDelete