Friday, April 17, 2009

Home Again

Well, I only managed about 3 hours of sleep last night. I could feel it in the evening and I knew I was going to have trouble. Its weird how I can be so tired feeling, yet at the same time feel inside like I drank 4 cans of Mountain Dew. We even went for a long walk, and my body sure felt ready for bed. I think I finally drifted off in the recliner about 3:45 or 4 am. At least I don't feel horribly sick, like I did Wed., but I can't work on only 3 hours of sleep!
I looked thru my meds and info, and sure enough, one of them is a steroid, and I think I was only supposed to take it for 3 days. I knew I was supposed to take it with the Zolfran (anti-nausea), but I assumed I should take both as long as I had nausea. I am going to call the nurse, and see what she says, and figure out what I should take after the 1st 3 days, if I'm still feeling sick. I thought Tues. I was done with the nausea, so I didn't take any meds (and still couldn't sleep!), but then it came back Wed. Also yesterday morn. I still felt queasy so I took 1 more dose so I could get to work. I'm going to read all thru my chemo info to see if there is anything else that is causing the sleeplessness too.
My lesson for the week: Take the saying "one day at a time" seriously!! I assumed I would be fine this week, having a party and feeling great--not so much! Each day brings what it brings, and I have to go with the flow. I'll try not to say things like "by Monday I should be feeling fine" and stuff like that. Only God knows!! And He has promised to take care of me.
I thank God for the people I work with, who are infinitely patient, and I promise them I am doing my best to keep myself in shape for work. There are just so many unknowns. Heather, I owe you a lunch this summer ( or maybe more than one!)!! Thankfully, we've had some good subs lately to work for me.
Take care everyone, and have a great weekend--I'm hoping for rain to green things up!
Love and Blessings!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. See if the nurse practitioner will give you a scrip of Ativan (for nausea) and take it before bedtime. It made me fall asleep and I slept through the night. It really helped with nausea.

    I found it works much better if you stay on the anti nausea meds round the clock instead of only when you feel the nausea coming on.

    ReplyDelete